Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Just Like Riding A Bike

I've definitely had a blogging rut lately.  I don't really know what to write about.  My life has been far from boring or lacking things to do, but who wants to hear all about what I do during the day?? J

One thing I did think that some people would find interesting is what happened last night.  I nursed my daughter.  Yep, after 4 months of exclusively pumping, I nursed her back to sleep.  Crazy?  That's what I thought!

It all started when she woke up at 10:30, which is about 3-4 hours before she usually does.  She wanted to eat, so I gave her the only bottle that I had upstairs.  The one that I had pumped an hour earlier.  The one that's supposed to be used for the 2:00 AM feeding.  She gobbled it up (ALL of it of course!) and she fell back asleep like normal, but I knew it wouldn't last until her normal wake-up time of 7:00 AM.  I was right.  She still woke up at 3:00.  I tried her pacifier.  She screamed louder!  And shook out of anger.  That obviously was not what she wanted.  Haha.  Too bad I didn't have a couple ounces left from that first bottle!

I didn't want to pump.  I stopped middle of the night pumping several weeks ago to get more sleep.  I didn't have time to pump a bottle anyway.  She was pissed!  How dare I try to give her that stupid piece of silicone.  I didn't want to go downstairs and get a bottle out of the fridge.  It would have taken too much time to warm it up anyway.  So, guineas idea, let's try nursing!

I think I was in one of my stubborn streaks when I came up with that idea.  I mean, how dare she not follow her schedule and want to eat more than once during the night.  It was her fault she didn't have a bottle upstairs anyway! J I just wanted to get back to sleeeeeeep!  Aparently, so did she because she did something I didn't really expect her to do.  She latched on and nursed away!  It was just like riding a bike!  It didn't last long, but it didn't have to.  She was comforted and fast asleep within 10 minutes.  I put her back in her crib, feeling very accomplished and baffled at the same time!  Maybe I should try this more often!  I have in the past, but she hasn't been a fan.  Who could blame her though? 

1 comment:

Emily @ Baby Dickey said...

Awwww, YAY! Anything to get them back to sleep, for sure, and awesome that she actually latched on and it worked! Good job, mama ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...