Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowed In

I’ll admit, I’m not one of those moms to get all decked out in snow gear and run out into the brisk winter air with child-like excitement, ready to roll those snow balls and pull my giddy little children on a sled behind me.  I’m not fond of that.  In fact, I hate it.  I’m one who believes show should only come for Christmas then be on it’s merry little way for another 365 days.  I prefer spring, a little bit of summer and most of fall.  Call me a party pooper!

I try to make up for my scrooge-like attitude with fun, creative indoor activities.  I’m always looking for new ideas.  Last month my cousin’s son had his third birthday party.  She bought head lamps and “grow me” dinosaur eggs as favors.  Interesting combination?  I thought that myself!  The eggs were all hidden in the dark basement as all the kids were given their head lamp to go on a dinosaur egg hunt.  Genius!  J  I thought so at least. 

So we’ve recreated that in our house to help pass this first home-from-school snow day.  My son loved it!  Here are some pictures.  It was hard to capture the true essence of the hunt, considering the lights were off and I have to use the flash on my camera because it sucks otherwise.  I’m working on my husband for a new one…so any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Ready to go!

   
On the hunt.

   
Haha.  See the pink egg in the activity block?  His face says that he doesn't!

   
Counting his bounty.  I had to hide 17 because that's his birthday.  That's the magic number around this house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...