Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank God It's...Friday? What's that?

TGIF!  Wahoo!  The last day of the work week!  Weekend here I come.  Two full days of no work replaced by relaxation!  I know exactly how I’m going to spend it.  I’m going to sleep in late, watch TV in bed, order pizza for lunch at 2:00 in the afternoon, shower whenever I want for however long I want, then maybe call some friends to figure out “the plan” for the evening.

Hold up.  You mean to tell me that I’m going to be doing the same things during the weekend that I do during the week?  I’m not going to get a break?  I STILL have to fix food at normal eating times and pick up toys and play make believe and help kids get back to sleep in the middle of the night but still wake up at the crack of dawn?

Oh that’s right, because I’m a mom.  Back to reality.

My husband asked me this morning if it sucks that I don’t have a real “Friday” because I stay at home.  Eh.  Not really.  I still have that “TGIF!!!!!” feeling and the I get the “Monday blues.”  I don’t know why exactly because sometimes my husband even works weekends, so really it is exactly the same as the week.  But I love my job.  I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Kudos to all you Mommies (and Daddies) out there who sacrifice it all for their little bundles of joy.  You have the most important job in the world, and it's amazing!  But take some time for yourself this weekend, even if it means locking yourself in your bathroom for 30 minutes to enjoy a facial and hot shower.  Why don't you go ahead and sing in there while you're at it.  J


2 comments:

Emily @ Baby Dickey said...

Love it. None of our friends here in IL have kids and they're wonderful people but sometimes they still don't get it. IF we manage to get out on a Friday night (which never happens bc Steve works nights lol), they're like "why are you leaving early?! Tomorrow is Saturday!" Ummmmmmmmmm and I have a baby that will be up at 7am. And will need constant attention. All day. Ahhhh, this is our life. :)

Breanna said...

I know, right?!? Our problem too is getting close with people, then they move away because we're all so young and most of the time those people are only here for school anyway, so once school is over, they leave. ;) haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...