Monday, February 7, 2011

Ultimate Slacker!

I could possibly win an award for America’s Ultimate Slacker tonight.  Ok, maybe not the ultimate slacker.  First, let me show you the “dinner” that I’m eating right now:



My son’s dinner: PB&J, a banana and some milk.  He was lucky to get that.  My husband's: one of his protein shakes (he's part of a strenuous workout class right now) and chips and salsa.  At least my daughter ate well.  A thawed cube of sweet potato zucchini and some breast milk! J 

The reason I’m posting this is because I started my morning reading another blog post about the “perfect mother” and have thought all day about why mothers find it necessary to criticize each other.  Every move I made today, I thought, “What would another mother think of this?” or “I wonder how many other mother’s have done this exact same thing.”  I wasn’t getting down on myself.  Just curious thoughts. 

I think going from a working mom to a stay-at-home mom, I really set the bar high for what I wanted to do around the house and with the kids.  But even stay-at-home moms don't have perfectly clean houses or get dinner on the table every night.  And I'm slowly beginning to be okay with that.  So what's really important?  Slacker or not, I’m a pretty great mom.  Some days I’ll doubt that, but today isn’t one of those days.  Besides, isn’t it more fun to just let loose sometimes.  Who wants dessert before dinner? J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...